Problems building the Mac VM

Maloney johnm at wdi.disney.com
Tue Aug 11 06:53:53 UTC 1998

At 10:04 AM -0700 8/10/98, Jim Benson wrote:
>STP,
>
>I just  rebuilt a Mac 2.1 VM from a virgin image this morning using
>CodeWarrior 10 Gold, and it appears to be working fine. This is good
>news, bad news. The good news is that there probably is nothing wrong
>with the Squeak side.  The bad news is that your C side is probably
>screwed up. You'll have to round up the usual suspects -- changed
>libraries, changed headers, etc.
>
>BTW, which unrecoverable error do you get ?
>
>Jim

Thanks for verifying this, Jim!

The image STP is trying to open may be too large for the default
memory partition of the VM. Try using the "get info" command of the
finder to increase the memory allocation of the newly built VM.

STP, let us know if this helps. If so, we should probably add this to
the Swiki somewhere.

	-- John