Another mainstream article about Squeak at PCWeek Online

Jarvis, Robert P. Jarvisb at timken.com
Tue Dec 22 18:14:00 UTC 1998

What I'm concerned will happen is that sixteen zillion Java programmers will
see this and think, "Kewl!  A new way to do <applets/beans/whatever>!!".
They'll flood the Squeak servers with downloads, will get turned off when it
doesn't look-and-feel like C or VB, has no "sandbox" (litter box? :-),
doesn't do <applets/beans/whatever>, doesn't "interoperate" with
Java/VBScript/whatever, and the next article written will be titled "Squeak
Fails To Live Up To Promise".  <sigh>  Journalists...

Bob Jarvis
The Timken Company