[Enh]Auto Scroll

Torge Husfeldt Torge.Husfeldt at gmx.de
Fri Sep 27 09:52:52 UTC 2002

subtitle: "[Q]how many wheels am i reinventing right now."

Hi List,

I am planning to program a proof of principle for a 2D Point&click advinter a la "Baphomets Fluch"/"Monkey Island"/"Indiana Jones 3/4".
As a first step i wrote a sibling to TwoWayScrollPane called PanningView that has no scrollbars but scrolls automatically when the mouse comes near the edges.
I made this behavior also accesable to all ScrollPanes by means of the CustomMenu.
Please see the attached changset and comment on one or more of the following points:
-do i reinvent wheels
-does this seem remotely useful
-does this file in correctly
-does this work in your image
-does my solution appeal in any way (i.e. what would you have done better)

Thankful for any feedback.
Torge