3.6 "full" packages

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Mon Jul 28 23:02:32 UTC 2003

Michael Rueger wrote (talking about benefits of XML):

> You get multi-lingual character encoding for free.

How do you mean?  You should be able to use UTF-8 or UTF-16 but as far
as I can tell YAXO doesn't handle these.  Clearly squeak needs to
support multi-byte characters as well but is there some level of support
hear that I'm not aware of?  I don't see how XML itself gives you this
for free... it's just that compliant parsers should all understand it
(and we don't).

Or perhaps I'm completely missing your point...

Julian