www.squeak.org???

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Sep 10 19:53:30 UTC 2003

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 09:26:04AM -0700, Darius wrote:
>> I really think that the site should roughly simulate the appearance
>> of the
>> Squeak desktop environment (734 pixels wide) with Diego visual
>> enhancements and
>> the Squeak pastel color scheme.
>>
> Please not! The look we have in Squeak right now is in no way what
> it will be in the future. It is *really* *really* ugly. Just
> show it to someone who isn't a long time Squeak user. I have
> *never* seen anyone who's first reaction was positive. We should
> think hard about what this tries to tell us.

Hi marcus

this is nice to see that I'm not the only one that have other
aesthetical references :)))))

Maybe I need to explain this a little bit: I am *not* against
> beeing different than anyone else. This is great. But there
> need to be a reason for beeing different... another thing we
> should really think about is the emotional point of view: All
> Interfaces trigger certain emotions in the users. We really
> do want to apeal on an emotional basis: "This is interesting,
> I want to learn that". We don't do this right now...
>
> And bringing that "design" to the website will make things worse:
> It moves the point were people are turned away forward, right
> to the squeak.org front page...

I want a cool web page: you know like Mac OS-X a look that tell me that
it is beautiful and that I'm cool to use it. Difficult to express but
you see what
I want to say.

Marcus you are completely right.
BTW have you got the new ESUG cd? I should put it on my web page but I
have some quota
problems :))))