BFAV2 problem: Failed to extract email file

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sat Jan 31 00:38:37 UTC 2004

Ken Causey wrote:

>Actually, let me readjust.  I replied before checking.  I fixed this all
>in a bit of a rush and I don't remember the exact date range for which
>there was a problem; it was roughly the last weekend and early part of
>this week.  I'm not sure which Chronology messages you are referring to,
>I see a gaggle of them on the 26th but none on the 25th.  And these are
>not ones I had to manually inject so their dates are correct.  Note that
>most if not all of these have already been approved by Marcus so you
>need to check the preference to show approved messages to see them in
>BFAV2.

Sorry, I think you may be right here, I'm used to using the BFAV with my
own settings and I forgot that the default view does not show the
Approved groups (and forgot to check if those were already Approved).
I'll let you know if they are really missing.

(By the way, didn't there used to be a URL which shows all of the
headers on the BFAV2 server?  Is that still available?  Sometimes it's
handy to quickly check if something is there if I don't have a
BFAV-installed Squeak image handy.  Although I suppose I could just
check the squeak-harveset and squeak-dev archives.)

- Doug