[IMPORTANT]How to use "published" on SM

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Jul 11 18:03:14 UTC 2004

Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 2004, at 9:24 AM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > Hi people!
> >
> > No serious bug reports yet on the new SM Package Loader, perhaps noone
> > is using it. :)
>
> Well, it Works For Me. ;)

Goodie! I have already one bug reported so a new 1.01 is probably coming
up soon. The category filtering doesn't take releases into account in
the "right" way.

Also might need to make the installation a bit more safe - right now you
get into trouble if you upgrade the loader before base... Cough.

> > Now... is that CLEAR? :)
>
> Crystal.  One thing that I might suggest (I think you may have
> mentioned this before) is that SM keep a server-side cache of published
> releases (and only of published releases), to really guarantee that
> they will be permanently available.  I'm not sure what the loader
> behavior should be - try to hit the listed URL, and only if that fails
> go to the SM cache?

Yes, that is exactly the idea. But it isn't there yet. Next on my list -
and then dependencies. :)

> SqueakMap is shaping up nicely, keep up the good work.

Thanks, I know it has been slow, but... well.

> <insert nag about dependencies here/>
>
> Cheers,
> Avi

cheers, Göran