Big Bang [Re: Proposal for Squeak 3.8 release schedule]

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Oct 13 09:23:36 UTC 2004

On 12/10/04 21:19, "John M McIntosh" <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2004, at 1:39 PM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>
>> Well, my take on this is that Squat is specific technology that is
>> intended to be merged back into Squeak. Tweak is... well, it doesn't
>> exist yet, does it? Squeakland is specifically for schools etc.
>> Unstable
>> is for development of Squeak. Full is not a branch at all - it is just
>> Basic with goodies added on top at the time of release of a new
>> version.
>> I am not sure what "Normal" is?
>
> Well I'd say Tweak exists now since it was pushed out lurking in the
> Croquet Jasmine release.
>
> http://www.opencroquet.org/Croquet_Technologies/downloads.html
>
> Filing in the mulitple host window support plus pending patch or two
> allows me to create many tweak worlds
> in host windows.
>
> For fun someone might want to try creating a Tweak Teapot using the
> multiple host window support,
> I've not quite done that  yet so I can't say it will work. Mind in 5
> minutes of poking I can't quite see how
> it's done yet, and I'm not sure about the Open-GL plugin support which
> is single window centric at the moment.
>

>> So stick to Basic IMHO. :)
>>
>> regards, Göran
>>

> --
> ===
> John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> 1-800-477-2659
> ===

And I downloaded it , begins to test and love and start figuring how
converting to Light version (I learned how to get 3.6 Morphic to 3.7 Mb , so
I hope soon achieve this)
John , Tim and Tweak guys have done a terrific job, and chances are two
years from now we don't still using Morphic.

Goran, I forget send a BRAVO for you work and yes for everyday use I stick
to 3.7 Basic , but we don't are here for "inventing the future  ?"

Edgar