About package responsible

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Nov 3 11:48:32 UTC 2005

Hi!

Two important things:

1. If you are Team leader for a Steward team, register the package in
SM. Please. Including PI name. Put it in "Official package in basic" or
possibly "Official package in full". Yes, there may be other packages in
those categories that don't really fit the bill - but that is a cleaning
job. I think these categories should only hold stewarded packages.

2. When making changes that involve other stewarded packages - in
Network we simply publish those modified MCs in our Network work
repository (at source.squeakfoundation.org - if you don't have a repo of
your own for "Morphic" yet. you should get one - Marcus and Doug can
create new repos there - but I am unsure who else can do it) and clearly
describe how they fit together in the version notes - and when we
eventually push our new version of Network to the inbox at 3.9 we will
explain what MCs belong together.

regards, Göran