The leaders (was Re: Smalltalk and Self)

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Mon Sep 5 07:44:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:32:54 -0700, <goran at krampe.se> wrote:

> I know all about Swiki, been coding around in it even - and have used a
> 600-page Swiki for about 5 years. But no, the new website is being built
> using SmallWiki - a new implementation. And then there is SmallWiki2 -
> an even newer not yet available implementation.
>
> And then I also have a wiki codebase inside my HomepageBuilder app -
> which I actually have been thinking of stripping down to a really simple
> and efficient hackable wiki-implementation to share with all.

I guess I don't really "get" the wiki thing. (I like swiki because I can
happily run one without knowing about it.) So, there's a working
implementation that has been neglected for a newer, flaky implementation,
which in turn is being replaced by a newer, not working implementation.
And you're talking about making another?<s>

My pappy used to say--he was a bit-farmer during days of the ol'
data-rush--that folks'd much rather build something new than try to
understand something old. Then he'd spit punchcard chad on the porch. I
reckon he was right.