Serious Squeak (other "survey")

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Mon Oct 16 16:52:01 UTC 2006

> I'm not talking about developing on a web browser. The
> current Squeak tools are right for me.
>
> I'm talking of the ui to the user applications.

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood you then.  OK, we're pretty much in agreement.

> Then, my point is that really don't feel that nothing must be
> changed, because Squeakers can develop any sort of app, from
> web to desktop (from wxWindows to Morphic).

Personally, I don't think morphic is that bad, skinned right, it can be
fairly nice looking and pretty usable, the real problem is the single host
window isolating it from the rest of the OS windows.  I haven't tried
wxWindows because I don't build desktop apps, I may give it a try soon.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com