New Win32 VM (3.9.2)

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Feb 3 16:19:07 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,

have run the binary on all the tests in the OLPC(etoys)dev image: nothing
happened that was unexpected (haven't checked failed tests before/after).

Also, running the same tests with a locally built 3.9.2 VM (gcc version
2.95.2 19991024 (release)), nothing happened that was unexpected.

Doing this with a Squeak-dev image, all I got was an impression on how
rotten these tests are. This is nothing which can tell before/after
whether or not an updated VM is happy with the image (IMHO).

<ALL>Can someone from the Squeak image builder guild please recommend a
downloadable, recent image which does not balk (syntax errors, etc) and
does not get a very serious heart attack when performing all the in-image
tests (panes turn red with yellow cross, information about test status is
lost, etc). TIA.</ALL>

What's missing is a read.me in any of the top level directories of the
.zip files, same with license information (haven't checked any
subdirectory).

Thanks again.

/Klaus