Markus, the mailing list and other subjects...

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Tue Jan 16 20:19:34 UTC 2007

Simply, thanks.
Sometimes we dreamed too much how cool squeak could be and we got
frustrated.
This is why marcus stopped to read squeak-dev and I stopped to post.
We never really wanted to break other code but sometimes you have to
take decisions.

The best people can do is to participate at their own level (for
example we understimate the impact
of tests on the quality) and create cool exciting projects and have fun.

Our goal was and still is to build a system that will enable other
people creating new cool projects.
We like the idea that we can learn from the system and always had in
mind the quote of dan saying that
the system should be so simple that one person can understand it.
This is why we tried to harvest all
the work that you guys spent improving Squeak.

I hope that the 3.10 team will build on what we did and I already
gave a lot of information especially
the problems we faced and how we tried to solve them. I would like so
much to have more time
to really be able to help for MC2.

Stef