Squeak on Nokia 800

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Feb 5 21:19:19 UTC 2008

Hi!

Brian Rice <water at tunes.org> wrote:
> I have a 770 and would be interested in greater integration
> possibilities, like use of the hardware buttons which are numbered
> function keys that Squeak thinks aren't portable enough to support.
>
> Ideally, this code would be a configuration option/branch for the
> sources at squeakvm.org.

Oh, btw - I am hot-mirroring the SVN as a bazaar-ng repo - as an
experiment:

	http://goran.krampe.se/blog/Squeak/BzrOnDebian.rdoc

That blog article begins with lots of boring details - but ends by
showing you how to access two bazaar repos of the Squeak VM. One is the
online pristine mirror, the other is "experimental" - I can set up more
of those of course.

What does this mean? Well, AFAICT it means you can get your own full
repo - branch it - make a Nokia special branch or whatever - and still
continuously merge with the upstream mirror. Without the need for any
permission whatsoever. :)

regards, Göran