[squeak-dev] Advice on new projects

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 00:47:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Ross Boylan <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu> wrote:

> I'm starting some new projects, one on squeak and the other on seaside.
> Both use magma, and the latter will probably use the pharo-based images,
> since seaside is using that as a development platform.
>
> Is there any namespace or similar mechanism that it would be advisable
> to use?

Not really. People usually prefix their class names to avoid naming
collisions.

I'm developing a namespaces architecture that will run on Squeak. It works
and I'm writing namespaced code using it, but it is not ready for general
use. If people are interested, I could concentrate my efforts on making it
usable, but so far I've seen more disinterest than interest.

http://gulik.pbworks.com/Namespaces - including links to an image.

Gulik.

--
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/