[squeak-dev] Adding fsync() call to the primitiveFileFlush prim ?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon May 23 23:55:22 UTC 2016

Hi Tim, Hi Tim,

    TIM R, I finally looked at the plugin code and the primitive has been
there since it was contributed by "monty" in September of 2015.

It's called primitiveFileSync; use as you would for primitiveFileFlush.  So
no need to change the VM, but it would be easy to implement such that a
command line argument made sqFileFlush call swFileSync.

Tim F, I note that in platforms/win32/plugins/FilePlugin/sqWin32FilePrims.c
sqFileFlush is already implemented as sqFileSync.  Isn't this an error?
Shouldn't we remove the call and simply make sqFileFlush empty on win32?

--
best, Eliot