[SqueakDBX] Re: Re[2]: Running the tests on Squeak 3.8.2 and MySQL 4

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:34:26 UTC 2009

2009/10/8 Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net>

> Hi Mariano,
>
> MMP> What about using something like Smalltalk at:  and see if there
> MMP> is that class and use one or another depending on that?
> MMP> I know it is ugly, but it is just a little piece and in a test
> resource hahaha.
> MMP>
> I'll go searching for something that works in Pharo and Squeak.

Ok, that would be excellent!!!

> MMP> This is impossible. I don't understand. The only way that
> :-))) This is what I often say to people in my commercial hotline

hahahahahahah

> MMP> can happen that is if the PostgreSQL backend is being used. But
> MMP> you are using MySQL4. Would you mind putting a breakpoint in
> MMP> DBXPostgresPlatform class >> backend  ??
>
> it only has this method on the instance side and yes,

yes, sorry, it was instance side, not class.

> the halt brings
> a debugger. But I assume it's a fallback because in the Transcript I
> see tens of the "Access denied..." messages of my last mail before the
> debugger pops up.

VERY weird... can you please send me the full stacktrace  of that walkback
???

And, an 3.8 image (vm, changes, sources, image) with squeakdbx so that I can
just test it?  Or at least upload it somewhere I can get it.

> MMP> Ok. Please put a breakpoint in DBXConnection >> openConnection:
> aConnection
> MMP> and show me what you have in
> MMP>
> MMP>     aConnection database
> MMP>     aConnection userName
> MMP>     aConnection userPassword
> MMP>     aConnection authenticationMethod.

ok, data is correct.

But there is somethign I don't understand. In your screenshots, you use a
user something like "software<-user" ...  what is that narrow ???

Then, in the transcript I see "software_user@%"

why is this difference?

See png. DBXConnection allInstances at this time gives me 2 instances
> with the same contents.
>
> If I continue this debugger it pops up again and I get 4 instances
> which point to the identical settings (..connection2.png). Funny.

weird...the thing is that I cannot even reproduce it here :(