[SqueakDBX] Re: Running the tests on Squeak 3.8.2 and MySQL 4 more guidance needed.

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Oct 9 18:48:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

87 green seem to be the limit of what I can achieve without big
special cases in 3.8.2.

If I activate DBXResetTestBackend, subsequent tests will fail because
the next tests setUp will use UIManager to ask for a new Backend. This
fails due to a lack of UIManager in 3.8.2

So the PNG only says 86 passed.

The top three deselected are the tests assuming multiple backends
which I don't have.

I had to disable DBXQueryDMLTest>>testUpdateWithBadData because in the
DB frontend I cannot update a numeric field with a String but in
SqueakDBX no error is raised.

I have no clue how to deal with this.
*Please give me some ideas!*

The other deselected ones have errors.
All errors account for the fact that
'INSERT INTO signature(code, name, observations, id_student)
 VALUES (11, ''Something'', ''Nothing'', 2)'
does not work for MySQL4.

I know this from my other programs and I had to extend String with:

surroundedByDoubleQuotes
        "Answer the receiver with leading and trailing quotes.  "

        ^ $" asString, self, $" asString

and would use that to get quotes around Something and Nothing.

For some reason String>>surroundedBySingleQuotes would not do the job.

I'll check if this is a Squeak issue or a MySQl issue by continuing in
Squeak 3.10.2

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net