[Squeakfoundation]Process for volunteering (was Re: Concrete SqF projects)

Jörn Eyrich squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 18:12:18 +0200

Doug Way wrote:
> Alright, I set up a link on the SqF Swiki front page for this FAQ/Mini-FAQ project, and included some content for discussion on the page.  Feel free to add comments to the page.  (Or just discuss here, and I'll try to summarize on the page.)
>
> Hopefully, this may get the ball rolling for a few other projects which could be listed on the Swiki.  (Although I don't think it's worth creating a project page unless someone has volunteered to be the organizer for the project... the last thing we need is a bunch of orphaned project pages.)

I think it would be a good idea to have a "Volunteers wanted" page,
where proposed projects are listed. I think I remember seeing a number
of posts saying smthg like "I'm ready to help as soon as there's
something to do". Such a centralized page should make it easy to match
volunteers to projects, rather than having to search through the list
archive. As soon as someone starts on one of these projects, he
removes it from the "Volunteers wanted" page and creates a page
dedicated to that project.

What do you think?