[Squeakfoundation]Re: SqueakFoundation; get off your butts you lot!

Luciano Notarfrancesco squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:41:00 -0800

Tim Rowledge wrote:

>      GET OFF YOUR BUTTS

I offer my spare time (which is not much right now, but might be a lot
soon (I'm in Argentina)). I can help with the harvesting. I can also
compile VMs and plugins for Linux, BSD (Open, Free, Net), and Solaris
(in SPARC and x86) and help with porting efforts.

There's a number of projects that I'd like to see done, so I'm willing
to help with them if there's any interest (from SqC and SqF) in having
them done:

o. Replacing the current Streams with Craig's
o. Including Flow (especially NetStream and the ExternalResource hierarchy)

and getting rid of Socket and SerialPort
o. Modularizing the image and producing a minimal image with no UI
o. Simplifying the parse tree nodes (factoring the bytecode generation
code out of them, for instance)

o. Including Tim's new CompiledMethods

o. And other stuff I can't remember now

Cheers,