[Squeakfoundation]Re: SqueakFoundation; get off your butts you lot!

squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:51:46 +0300

Okay...

I want to see a SqF gel up. I think the most important task for it is
foster stable, independent Squeak packages that can be loaded or not -
de facto modularity.

When we do get that architecture modularity in, I'll gladly help with
what refactoring/fixing needs to be done, either to packages I'm
involved with (Celeste, RB), or other stuff.

For starters, I'll post the RB Parser, which I've separated from the
rest of the package. If Bijan does the associated algorithms, I'm
obliged.

Also, I think we should modularize the FileList - Stef sent a file in, I
haven't played with it yet, but I think we shouldn't let it rust - big
refactorings rust really quickly if not integrated.
If I understand what needs to be done to make it possible for 50K of
code to be harvested (harvesters, your guidance welcome), I'll do it. To
start it off, I will survey Stef's changes and report what I think it'll
take.

I will also gladly help with harvesting generally.

Dave, Dan - I think this is definitely worth doing, and will help as I
can.

Daniel