licensing (was Re: [Squeakfoundation]New mailing list request for Bellesqueak)

ducasse squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 22:48:24 +0100

on 26/01/02 7:11 PM, Tim Rowledge at tim@sumeru.stanford.edu wrote:

> I don't know about anybody else (aside from the people that have already
> tipped their hand previously) but I personally couldn't care less about
> licensing stuff.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, any code I release for Squeak (or indeed
> anything else) in a public place is _public_. Do anything you want with
> it except blame me if it causes you problems. If you use it as a
> substantial part of something that makes a lot of money, do the decent
> thing and credit me and perhaps my bank account a little. Or make a
> donation in my name to some freedom related charity.
>
> tim

I agree, even if contributions are small ;).

I think that this is important if people are concerned by the licensing that
they do it right. But I'm sincerly lost there. So any new list or whatever
so make clear (in normal terms = laws for the dummies) what is the goal and
the consequences of the proposed licensing. I do not want nor have the
background to read non really "understandable" declarations.

Stef