[Squeakfoundation]re: releasing SqueakMap

John M McIntosh squeakfoundation@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:32:38 -0800

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 11:11  PM, Craig Latta wrote:

> 	So release a 3.4final. :)  If we just finish testing SqueakMap, we're
> done!
>
>> I'd think one should finalize 3.2 and stuff SM into it mostly because
>> that's a way for people to distribute content/apps/changesets/? in the
>> 3.2. environment.
>
> 	I think that's a bad idea. We have a final 3.2 already; it just
> happens
> to lack a particular feature (SqueakMap). Why not just put that feature
> into 3.4, and, after testing it, declare it 3.4final? It doesn't make
> any sense to me to tamper with 3.2final, because none of its existing
> features are catastrophically broken.

Mmm I'm a bit slow on the uptake tonight. so let me summarize?

3.4 is 3.2 + 3.3 critical changes + (SM & fixes)

Finalize that, then proceed to 3.5alpha

Yes?

===
John M. McIntosh <johnmci@smalltalkconsulting.com> 1-800-477-2659