[Squeakland] questions about collaboration tools

John Voiklis voiklis at redfigure.org
Tue Jun 17 10:33:56 PDT 2003

Hello All,

While I have successfully used Nebraska (in cases where all users had static
IPs), I would love some quick how-tos for each of the items under the
collaborative heading in the Object Catalog, for instance with badges: how
to deal with dynamic IPs and, less technically, how to add an image.

Also, I remember Alan mentioning (in his talk at Teachers College) some kind
of community server where Squeakers could register and find each other; it
would be great to bypass the IP issue and to find and connect through
usernames. Is such a sever currently in the works, or part of a long range
plan. I am sure one the hardest parts is figuring out how to handle privacy
and make sure that registrants have not misrepresented themselves or their
motives.

Thanks,

John