[Squeakland] Mozilla Plugin and Debian (Linux)

Bert Freudenberg bert at squeakland.de
Sun Jan 30 15:52:53 PST 2005

Am 30.01.2005 um 14:24 schrieb JP Glutting:

> Thanks Bert.
>
> I have been trying to install with the rpms (converted to .debs with
> alien). It seems that these packages do not include the
> SqueakPlugin.image file (I am not sure if they are supposed to...).

The plugin image is the Squeakland image
(http://impara.de/~jens/rpm/Squeakland-image-3.8-387.noarch.rpm)

We'll need to put an explanation with the packages. To run the
squeakland browser plugin you need the Squeakland image, which requires
the Squeak-vm package. Maybe we should rename the Squeakland-image
package to SqueakPlugin-image?

> I downloaded the file that you linked, and copied it into
> /usr/lib/squeak/, then ran /usr/lib/squeak/3.7b-5sl/npsqueakrun
>
> When running Faceball in the browser, I get this on the terminal:
>
> jpg at kidbox:~$ firefox
> don't create MySqueak link on desktop
> My Squeak -> /home/jpg/.npsqueak/My Squeak
> start squeak from plugin
> XShmAttach: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
> X Error of failed request:  BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment
> parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  132 (MIT-SHM)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
>   Segment id in failed request:  0xc0000d
>   Serial number of failed request:  69
>
> The screenin blank, with "Done" in the status bar.
>
> Does that help anyone?

Try to remove the -xshm option from the npsqueakrun script. Are you
running this on a remote machine?

- Bert -