[Squeakland] graduated fill

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Fri Mar 3 01:27:37 PST 2006

On Mar 3, 2006, at 2:06 AM, Sholom Eisenstat wrote:

> so, more playing.....
>

> If I take a morph from the supplies tab, what I want to do can be
> done, but why can't I do the same thing with a morph I create with
> the graphic tools?
Hi Sholom,

I have experienced that many starters of EToys think of sketches as
rectangles.  But a sketch can be any graphical object.

The best mileage you can get from a sketch is to make it a compact
one - like the classical red car. Then it is easy to think of it as
an object.
But the space to do the gradient fill in is not be well defined in a
sketch - shall it fill the tires or the body of the car?

So:
If you need to draw an arbitrary closed surface with a gradient fill
try Curve or Polygon.
If you need a rectangular filled background with some sketch on top
just stick to Playfield.

And please:

Sholom: reply to all, so that others can participate in the discussion
or
Listmaster: set the default to reply to list as it is in Squeak-dev
;-)

Cheers,

Markus