[Squeakland] Copy an object programmatically.

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Fri Mar 3 08:34:28 PST 2006

Also consider that you can put objects into a playfield both by hand and by
program and clear the playfield.

I usually put my seed object into a separate little playfield before doing
this.

One way to look at this is that the playfields act as variables for single
objects and sets of objects. (If you put 0 at center of a playfield and
drop in a player, then you have a very nice visible representation of a
vector -- and there is a vector arithmetic trait that you can turn on, etc.)

Cheers,

Alan