[Squeakland] graduated fill

Sholom Eisenstat sholom.eisenstat at tel.tdsb.on.ca
Fri Mar 3 07:44:49 PST 2006

With some experimenting in class, we've determined that a morph created
with the draw tools does not have the same set of color/border tiles that
a morth grabbed from the supplies tab has. The latter's tiles enable the
fill stuff whereas the former's don't.

So, that appears to be the end of that thread though I don't understand
why the difference is programmed in as such.

Markus Gaelli <gaelli at emergent.de> on Friday, March 3, 2006 at 4:27 AM
wrote:

>On Mar 3, 2006, at 2:06 AM, Sholom Eisenstat wrote:
>
>> so, more playing.....
>>

>> If I take a morph from the supplies tab, what I want to do can be
>> done, but why can't I do the same thing with a morph I create with
>> the graphic tools?
>Hi Sholom,
>
>I have experienced that many starters of EToys think of sketches as
>rectangles.  But a sketch can be any graphical object.
>
>The best mileage you can get from a sketch is to make it a compact
>one - like the classical red car. Then it is easy to think of it as
>an object.
>But the space to do the gradient fill in is not be well defined in a
>sketch - shall it fill the tires or the body of the car?
>
>So:
>If you need to draw an arbitrary closed surface with a gradient fill
>try Curve or Polygon.
>If you need a rectangular filled background with some sketch on top
>just stick to Playfield.
>
>And please:
>
>Sholom: reply to all, so that others can participate in the discussion
>or
>Listmaster: set the default to reply to list as it is in Squeak-dev
>;-)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Markus

Sholom Eisenstat