[squeakland] New tiles "Say/Think" tiles

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 16:34:30 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Last week Randall proposed to add "say" and "think" tiles just like Scratch.
I've been working on that and I made a simple project for you to test it:
http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/gsoc/NedroidComic2.029.pr.

I added the "say/think" commands and a slot with the current bubble, thus
allowing the user to make scripts with it. You can find the new tiles in the
"gsoc" category (I don't know which category would be most appropriate,
maybe "miscellaneous"?).
In addition to making the bubbles pop up using the "say/think" tiles I also
put the bubbles in the Object Catalog as separate objects. You can resize
them, change their message, rotate them, change their color, etc. You can
find them in the "GSoC" category (again, I'm not sure where to put them, the
"graphics" category seems appropriate I think). They include a "bubble"
category with commands to attach the bubble to a morph and a slot to see the
current attachment.

Anyway, I think this is a great addition but I need your opinions before
uploading it to Etoys, so any comment would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks in advance!

Richo