[squeakland] [etoys-dev] Keyboard support

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:27:19 EST 2012

2012/2/21 K. K. Subramaniam <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com>

> On Tuesday 21 Feb 2012 1:58:38 AM Ricardo Moran wrote:
> > If you agree I'll commit this to etoys. The question is: in which
> category
> > should I add the KeyPressMorph? Maybe a new category called
> > "Etoys-Keyboard"?
> There are two parts to this extension - one which adds a new morph and
> another
> which adds Etoys tiles to make use of this morph's capabilities. IMHO, the
> keypress morph could go into Morphic-Events and the tiles could go into
> Etoys-
> Buttons or into a new generic category (say Etoys-Input).

I don't know. I see this as a conceptual unit and splitting it in two
packages seems too complicated for such a simple morph. Also, I see no
value in adding it to the Morphic package since its only purpose lies
within Etoys. I mean, without Etoys why would you want this morph?
So, I'll just put it in a new generic category "Etoys-Input".

Thanks,
Richo