[UI] ToolBuilder

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 22:46:06 UTC 2007

On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 01:25:25AM +0300, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Yes, but personally i don't like how EasyMorphic stores stuff. It
> serializes morphs in bytearray.
> It would be much better to be able to generate a methods source code
> (or compiled methods) which will, when executed, build up and
> initialize widgets you created in visual editor.
> As i remember, in C# (and maybe in Delphi) , all properties which you
> entered during interaction with visual editor translated to source
> code.

The best thing to do would be store the created morph in some
dictionary, then clone it when you want a new instance.  Code is
much less manipulable than objects, and is not what the user
should be concerned about. So better to leave it out of the
picture entirely.

The only reason I might want code generation is to retain
compatability with squeak's limited fileout capabilities. I
would much rather just have the morph and leave it at that.