[V3dot10] 7156fasterDayOfYear-brp.1.cs should not be in there!

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Sat Dec 15 16:07:19 UTC 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 9:17 AM, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I am giving you the detail

It is not the right kind of detail.  You should give an example of an
expression that works before 7156 but does not work after.  Or give an
expression that ran faster before than after, along with the times on
your machine.

I understand what you have said.  I could go and read the various
issues and the code that comes with them and eventually figure out
what you are talking about.  However, I don't have time to do that
today.  So, I want you to make it easy for people to see what you are
talking about without even having to read the code.  Sure, I'm lazy,
but other people are, too.  You need to give enough detail that even
lazy people are convinced.

>7156 has overwritten the implementation of #now with an old one.

For all I know, the old one was correct.  I'm not saying it is, I'm
just saying I'd like more evidence that 7156 is wrong.

-Ralph