[V3dot10] Auto-Build tutorial

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Feb 1 22:49:20 UTC 2007

On Feb 1, 2007, at 23:39 , Keith Hodges wrote:

>>> 3.7 and 3.8 do not have MCConfiguration as far as I am aware.
>>
>> I thought we were discussing how to build 3.10 from 3.9. Sorry.
>>
> Thanks for the code though. I freely admit that I dont fully
> understand MCConfigurations that well yet anyway. Awareness of MCC
> is something lacking in Installer anyway at the moment.
>
> The thing is that IBS comes from the installer.pbwiki.com site and
> installer is aiming to support as many images as possible. I have
> tested it back to 3.7, but I am sure we could go further back with
> a little bit of work.
>
> If you have some nicer code that will work from 3.7 then that would
> be cool.

I have no idea which MC version was included in 3.7 (if any). If you
upgrade Monticello first, you can use the following snippet (but
then, you could install MCC, too).

| repository info latest |
repository := (Smalltalk at: #MCHttpRepository)
	location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Installer' user: '' password:
''.
info := MCVersionInfo name: 'Installer-Core-kph.1' id: nil
	message: nil date: nil time: nil author: nil ancestors: nil.
latest := (repository possiblyNewerVersionsOfAnyOf: {info})
	detectMax: [:each | each numericSuffix].
(repository versionFromFileNamed: latest, '.mcz') load.

- Bert -