RV: [V3dot10] Do in a workspace and say if could build

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jun 19 11:02:16 UTC 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 12:46 , Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

>> I made these by first backporting edc.23 to md.22 (but removing any
>> trace of doing so) and saving as bf.23, and then merging edc.25
>> (again removing that info) before saving as bf.24. This is to get a
>> "clean" history for the release image, it should have worked fine
>> without that ancestor trickery, but the bad ancestry contained refs
>> to the missing versions.
>
> Send me details, I need learn this

Well, "backport" and "merge" refer to the buttons in the MC browser.
Then, the "magic" is

	(MCPackage named: 'Etoys') workingCopy ancestry

and replacing the stepChildren with nil before saving bf.23, and
removing the second ancestor before saving bf.24.

I love Monticello for being so cleanly designed that this fiddling
just works.

- Bert -