[V3dot10] status

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Fri Mar 9 07:59:47 UTC 2007

On 9 mars 07, at 06:52, Ralph Johnson wrote:

> Edgar and I finally have a release that passes all the tests.
>
> Start with 3.9 finel (7067).
> Load http://source.squeakfoundation.org/310/ReleaseBuilder-edc.11.mcz
> Evaluate  ReleaseBuilderFor3dot10 new makeSqueakThreeTenRelease

why do not you publish an cs in the update stream?

> Edgar said it took 20 minutes for him; it took four minutes for me.
> All tests are green.
>
> This code initializes the image but also files in a bunch of MC files.

Are they saved in the squeakfoundation repository?

> Most of them are derived from the Make93Green.cs, which fixed a
> lot of the errors and removed the rest of the failing tests.  However,
> we could not load these with the original version of MC because of
> the dreaded "atomic loading" bug.  So, the first MC file that is
> loaded
> is a patch to MC to implement atomic loading.

Ralph how have you done that?
Did you patch the notification mechanism?
Because this is the back-bone for all the changesets and other change
oriented tools?
Can we know exactly the changes you did?