[V3dot10] RE: About Monticello and http://bugs.impara.de/squeak/view.php?id=5217

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Mar 11 01:20:12 UTC 2007

Hi Ron,

actually you seem to confuse *updating* a config with *installing* it.

The #initialize problem Andreas and Philippe talked about occurs when
installing, not when updating. Because the packages are not installed
in the same order as listed in the configuration, their classes'
#initialize methods get called in an unpredictable order. That means
some configs are not loadable, for example, if the first package in
it adds a new compiler that has to be initialized before even parsing
the next package.

What you are proposing makes sense, but is a totally different problem.

- Bert -