[V3dot10] Applecript not installing from SqueakMap - invalid utf8 input detected' occurs

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sat May 12 19:38:08 UTC 2007

Might the unicode changes perchance fix why Applescript will not install from SqueakMap?

When attempting to load Applescript from SqueakMap into a squeak-dev-118.image running on Squeak 3.8.17beta5U.app, an error saying 'invalid utf8 input detected' occurs:

The last fellow who appears to have worked on it has said:

 Javier Díaz Reinoso said on Nov 2 2005,
>I put an update for Applescript that works in 3.8 in squeaksource:
>
>>  http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/Applescript.html
>
>this version is not full compatible with the unicode changes in 3.8
>or AppleScript 1.10 for Mac OS X 10.4, for that further changes are
>needed, also a new plugin.
>
>Be aware that scripts who use the line continuation character 0xC2
>(194) can have problems in 3.8, that is because reading the file
>convert this character to 0xAC (macToSqueak).

It looks to me that the latest changeset is here:
<http://www.squeaksource.com/Applescript.html>
<http://www.squeaksource.com/Applescript>

Andrew Greenberg is the original author. Javier Díaz Reinoso is the name on the Squeaksource project.

I have discovered that all source code necessary to compile the plugin apparently is Slang generated.

Ken