[V3dot10] Taking the blue pill

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Nov 2 21:42:53 UTC 2007

El 11/2/07 6:04 PM, "Matthew Fulmer" <tapplek at gmail.com> escribió:

> Could you put changes 7142 and forward back on
> ftp.squeak.org/updates? I am making a changeset that reverts the
> == -> = change, so I can review it and safely re-apply it. But I
> need the original update script to see which packages were
> changed. You can have them at ftp.squeak.org/updates, and not
> put them in updates.list if you want them to be strictly
> experimental.
>
> So far, I have 14 changesets that do the same thing as 7142, I
> just need to make the reverse 14 change sets and run them
> through diff to review. I will change the timestamps after I
> review them.
>
> 7158 is a good release and is not worth abandoning. Only one bad
> patch was put in it, and it can be reviewed and fixed if the
> update-stream log is there to record the damage. I am about 40 %
> through fixing the patch, and I would like to finish, but I need
> the real 7142.cs, not the new one

I afraid I follow Ralph directives.
I wait long, send several proposal here and not good feedback.
The actual process is very cumbersome as I should made .mcz files for
putting on 3.10 repository.
The "real cs" are not real cs.
Is some doit in script form for load the .mcz from repository
IMHO we should .cs use until DeltaStreams are complete. I offer redo all
again from 3.9 , but bad reception...
I attach original 7142, but I afraid is of no use now.

The change touch

Collections
CollectionsTests
Graphics
Kernel
KernelTests
Monticello
Morphic
MorphicExtras
Multilingual
ST80
System
Tests
Tools
EToys
Network
Traits
XML-Parser

I should delete all newer of touched packages in 3.10 repository and do
tricks for still I could load last versions from it.

You don't need revert the 172 methods, only the few on which == is right and
= is not.
If you have this, send me and Ralph what you have, but again I was told to
delete all from 7142 and do again the rest without it.

Still you could take the red pill with some fresh copy of 7158.
If you update using the button of squeak flap, you must have the original
.mcz on your package-cache folder and also all the .mcd.

And if you convince people of using again .cs, I could send a couple of fine
Argentina vinos (wine)

'From Squeak3.10beta of 22 July 2007 [latest update: #7141] on 14 August 2007 at 8:28:36 am'!
"Reporter: MarcusDenker