[V3dot10] Taking the blue pill

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Nov 3 09:06:31 UTC 2007

El 11/2/07 11:40 PM, "Matthew Fulmer" <tapplek at gmail.com> escribió:

> Well, not for the remainder of 3.10, I suppose. But for 3.11,
> maybe. There is currently no way to have the flexibility and
> debuggability of the update stream and have the modularity of
> packages. I believe this could be possible with DeltaStreams,
> since DeltaStreams, unlike change-sets, can be verified for
> conflicts.

Hard work don't scare me.
We take longer as expected, but experience gained is terrific.
So, to who hurts I made a red pill ?

1) Start of 3.9.
2) Convert to 3.10/11 , ripping still more packages.
3) At this point put csUnistall from Jason, Javier and me.
4) At this point new sources scheme of Ralph and Maurice
5) At this point put some log scheme, for recording absolute all me or any
future guy in charge do.
"3dot10.log" or some on the working machine and a copy on ftp for all could
know what is going on (and how many hours take)
6) Doing all harvested to now , via DeltaStreams.

last) When release is ready, we could also unload ReleaseBuilder, Universes,
SqueakMap and any auxiliary tool needed. Child should grown and live out of
parents house one day....

And have Installer menu asking of which one load (could be all).
Better could be user ask he/she wants and some in image have how to find and
load.
Kind of very souped GoogleInside restricted to Squeak relevance.

I bet some more vinos could be not so difficult as last year to me (or any
wishing take the release)

We could also put any on 3.8.2  , OLPC, Sophie or any other fork as a little
discuss here shows is good idea have in base.

I very happy of people like you caring, also many on Mantis where some bugs
reports should be show to students of Smalltalk/Squeak for they learn.

Nobody born with Squeak/Smalltalk brain ready :)