[V3dot10] Loading packages in 3.10beta 7143

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Sep 22 19:45:56 UTC 2007

El 9/22/07 1:39 PM, "Chris Muller" <asqueaker at gmail.com> escribió:

> - I just want to load OSProcess.  When I try to open SqueakMap I get
> MNU: String class>>numbers.  See stack trace below.

You must have old things in 'sm' directory.
I answer this a few days ago , now I repeat SqueakMap soon go out of image.
If some is not on Universes, you have very few chances is working on 3.10
(or newer)
I copy the mail

> El 9/19/07 9:42 PM, "Steve Moffitt" <stevia at citlink.net> escribió:
>
>> Hi Edgar -- I downloaded the image you pointed to and I still get an
>> error trying to load SqueakMap.  VersionNumber>>= shows to be the
>> offending message.
>>
>> Steve
>
> Some verbose , but clear how to rid of old versions files disturbing normal
> 3.10 peace.
>
> | directoryName directory  filesToErase  |
> directoryName := (FileDirectory default pathName ,FileDirectory slash, 'sm').
> directory := FileDirectory on: directoryName.
> filesToErase :=  directory fileNamesMatching: '*.sgz'.
> filesToErase do:[:filename| directory deleteFileNamed: filename]
>

> And the answer why fail is Goran use ImageSegments (he have many to me to
> learn) and the classes in 3.9 or earlier was different.
>
> That's why many .pr fails to load
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Edgar

I could see about OSProcess don't work, mostly because sure David don't
deserve your lame complaints.

And if you ask before, some Squeaker could help you.

To bad Squeak dev of Damien is based on so bad image as 3.10 (in your view).