[V3dot10] Mantis #7035 and Update 7160

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 12 20:09:08 UTC 2008

El 5/12/08 2:52 PM, "Ken Causey" <ken at kencausey.com> escribió:

> To reiterate:
>
> The first update would ask the user if she wanted to update the system
> version information in her image to reflect the fact that it was in fact
> 3.10 and not 3.10beta which it says as of the released image.  My
> reasoning to ask the user and not just do it is that it is at least
> concievable that she has code that relies on SystemVersion (wrong or
> not) and so silently changing it on her would not be nice.
>
> Then the second update would similarly ask the user if she wished to
> update her image and move it to 3.10.1gamma and get updates intended for
> that release.
>
> My understanding of 7160 is that either it changes the SystemVersion to
> 3.10 or it changes it to 3.10.1.  Is the user given a third choice of
> doing neither?  As far as I can tell (I've not actually tested it) she
> is not.  Secondly it should not be changed to 3.10.1 yet because there
> is no such completed release.  Changes to 'final' versions should be
> done as the last task before issuing a release.
>
> Also it doesn't appear that you are updating the #7035 bug report to
> reflect your work/progress on this issue.  You should have assigned the
> issue to yourself and then added at least a note and adjusted the
> status.
>
> Ken

Maybe you was right.
As you could write to updates , change to any you feel is better.
I don't do any ANN, only say to "brave people on IRC".
I don't do again without previous agree of you, Jerome and Matthew.
I think we need a fast solution, but I not against a better solution.
I think Squeak3.10.1-7164-basic.image is best as it was some days ago.
By the way , until now no previous release was without his odd things.

At some point we understand each other and trust the other is doing his
best.

Cheers