3.8.1

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Thu Feb 9 18:15:21 UTC 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:58:08 +0100, "Marcus Denker" <denker at iam.unibe.ch>
said:

> On 08.02.2006, at 19:49, Michael Rueger wrote:
>
> > Doug Way wrote:
> >
> >> (Or, you could leave the #Squeak3.8.1 tag before these 3.8.1
> >> updates and
> >> insert a 6667UpdateTo381-mir.cs above that instead... either way
> >> would
> >> work I guess.)
> >
> > We should tag the system 3.8.1 before the first update. So we
> > exactly know what people are talking about when referring to 3.8 vs
> > 3.8.1.

Sounds good, we can go with that method.

> > Are we going to increase the 3.8.x every time we pst updates to 3.8?
> >

> I would say yes, patches should be batched, so ther will be not too
> many 8.x releases.
>
>       Marcus

I agree.  Once we decide 3.8.1 is ready, put it out there as 3.8.1.  (I
guess this includes updating the current-stable-release download links
on squeak.org.)

Then later on, if more bugs appear that need to be fixed, do another
batch of patches and call it 3.8.2.

- Doug