[Vm-dev] Need ioSetCursorARGB() for win32 (was: Merge big cursor support)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 17 02:24:18 UTC 2008

Hi Andreas,

The big cursor support from OLPC requires a ioSetCursorARGB() in the platform
sources, which for win32 would probably go into win32/vm/sqWin32Window.c.

If you have an implementation of this, could you please add it to the win32
platform sources on Subversion; or if not could you add a stub implementation
that might look something like this:

sqInt ioSetCursorARGB(sqInt cursorBitsIndex, sqInt extentX, sqInt extentY, sqInt offsetX, sqInt offsetY)
{
  return 0;
}

I have added the Interpreter>>primitiveBeCursor patch to VMMaker on SqueakSource.
The change sets are on http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7224, and can be
used to update the various other VMMaker branches.

For completeness, we should probably also have a function prototype in Cross/vm/sq.h:
sqInt ioSetCursorARGB(sqInt cursorBitsIndex, sqInt extentX, sqInt extentY, sqInt offsetX, sqInt offsetY);

Cheers,