[Vm-dev] Setting up a VMMaker image

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Tue Nov 10 14:52:34 UTC 2009

Hi Andreas,

thanks for sharing this.

A few questions:

1. Is nuking the Win32VMMaker and loading the one from
   "platforms\win32\build\Win32VMMaker.st" still required
   as described on http://squeakvm.org/win32/compiling.html?

   Looks like the code is already integrated in VMMaker, so
   is this obsolete?

2. Do you still use the ToolChain with the "old" GCC 2.95-2 as provided
   on Squeakvm.org or is there something newer than
   http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/Squeak-Win32-Tools-1.2.zip

3. Is the quicktime plugin running on Win32? Last posting I've found:

   http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/squeak-list/3325977

   and there is also

http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/study/courses/OMP/public/software/sqcdrom2/Packages/Multimedia/QuickTime/QuickTime%20for%20Squeak.html but the changeset is gone

4. When I make the freetype plugin an internal plugin (to distribute
   VM with all plugins + image only) I get:

   ./obj/vm/FT2Plugin.lib(FT2Plugin.o.b): In function `initialiseModule':
   //C/squeak/vmmaker/vm/3115/testbuild/obj/FT2Plugin/../.././src/FT2Plug   in/FT2Plugin.c:419: undefined reference to `FT_Init_FreeType'

5. Are there any plans for having Alien Plugin for Win32 in the Win32
   SqueakVM distribution? What is the state here?

6. Any plans regarding fixing the "service" stuff (see my posting
   in "Win32 VM Service facility broken?")

Thanks
Torsten