Pi OSPRocess (was Re: [Vm-dev] Strange unix (Pi) vm event bug for july 2016 era vm build)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Oct 13 12:23:39 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 03:12:40PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> I???ve just built a latest vm with the unixosprocess .c file replaced by your one (taken from the old squeakvm.org tree, dated 6th jun, 8:10pm, hope that is the latest?) and loaded the OSProcess head package via squeakmap. I get 80 run, 71 passes, 0 expected failures, 5 failures, 4 errors, 0 unexpected passes. All the problems appear to be related to locking stuff, which is about as far as my ability will take me. Err, mind you 3 failures and 2 errors look like win32 tests, so just maybe they don???t count.

That will have to be "good enough" for now, sorry about that. I also
get failures when running on Ubuntu on a fast machine.  The tests have
timing issues related to cooperating Squeak images that run in the tests,
and the formerly all-green tests are failing now on the faster machines.
I also suspect some differences related to file I/O differences as the
OS runtimes have changed, but I can't say that for sure.

In any case, your plugin is working, and OSProcess and CommandShell should
work fine in normal day-to-day use.