[Ann] WxMorphic v.0.01alpha

Steven Swerling sswerling at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 16:17:35 UTC 2005

> 2. The bouncing atoms demo reveals a limitation of the current wx event
> handling: a modal event loop is run entirely within wxWidgets, so
> there's no opportunity for any updates on the Smalltalk side. How big of
> an issue do you think this is?

Right, for instance the world stops stepping when the about box is up,
or when the user grabs the scrollbars, or when they access the menubar
at the top of the window. It's very hard for me to judge whether this is
a big deal or not. If it really annoys enough people, we may be able to
  muck around inside of Wx to "doOneCycleAllWorlds" during modal
operations.