[Cryptography Team] Re: [ANN] Working SSL In Squeak

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Mon Oct 2 21:39:53 UTC 2006

Ron Teitelbaum schrieb:
> Hans-Martin,
>
> That's terrific.  Did you get any sense of the performance difference?  I
> understood that the reason for the DLL in the first place was performance;
> I'm guessing that with current computer speeds the performance is now
> adequate?

I did not do any comparison because I did not yet download the DES
plugin - just wanted to make this thing work in the unit tests before
going to bed :-) I just added a very thin layer (mostly converting from
ByteArrays to LargeIntegers and vice versa) to use my old code mostly
unchanged. The performance can probably be improved a bit by changing
that old code to directly work with ByteArrays.
> Did you make any progress on openPGP?

No, but I will probably take this opportunity to work some more on that.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin