[Cryptography Team] New Members

Robert Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 02:58:18 UTC 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 7:44 PM, Steven Elkins wrote:

> On 10/4/06, Robert Withers <reefedjib at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> > Sure, please let me know if I should provide more information.
>>
>> Yes, could you?  I am not seeing it occur when I load SSL.
>
> Sorry, you'll have to tell me what information you'd like me to
> provide.  I just ran through it again and saw the same thing.

Very strange indeed.

> 1.  Open a fresh 3.9g-7061 image.

yes, completely fresh.

> 2.  Resize the window for my little iBook.

Powerbook here.

> 3.  Open a FileList and load these packages in this order.

Load in the same order

> SSLCipherSuite subclass: #TLSNothing more expected
> ->_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
>   instanceVariableNames: ''
>   classVariableNames: ''
>   poolDictionaries: ''

I don't see this at all.  Is it printing to your Transcript?  I
defined these by quoting the class  name and it seemed to be working
on reload, thus:

SSLCipherSuite subclass: #'TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA'
	instanceVariableNames: ''
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''

I suppose the most important question is does this prevent SSL from
working for you?  If you get the green button form opened up...and
then can open the SSL Workspace, you could try to load one of the
https webpages.

> I suppose I can try it on other platforms and/or assemble an image
> through X509 and put it somewhere.  Or answer whatever questions you
> have.  I can't spend more time on it now but I'm glad to do so later.

When you have the time.  Thanks for you help.

> Are you starting from the same image, using the same compiler?

Yep.

> Am I the only person seeing this?

That's a great question.

Cheers,