[Elections] Welcome New Elections Leader - Time to organize

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Fri Feb 1 02:29:05 UTC 2008

> From: Ken Causey
>
> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 19:18 -0500, Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
> > Hey Ken,

That all sounds fine, except that when I asked last time I go only a few
think there will be much response.  I'm watching the Democratic debate now
maybe that would be a good idea.  I wonder if we couldn't get some high
profile members to ask questions on IRC?  That would be fun.

> > That would be Nomination until Feb 22, campaigning till Feb 29 (Happy
> Leap
> > Year) Voting starts Saturday Morning March 1 at 10 am PDT, and ends
> Saturday
> > Morning March 8 at 10 am PDT.
> >
> > Thoughs?
>
> That sounds fine to me.
>
> > By the way did you make any progress on Password changing?
>
> Yes, and no, I'm working on it but it is going rather more slowly than I
> had hoped.  If you have received any more requests about password resets
> by email, have them email me directly (either my personal email address
> or the box-admins mailing list).  If I end up having to do any by hand
> again, I need those original emails so I have some confidence that it is
> the actual account holder requesting the reset.  If you would please go
> ahead and have Laurance Rozier email me directly.
>
> In fact if you send out an email regarding elections prior to the point
> at which I say that the automated password reset mechanism is ready,
> then instruct anyone who has misplaced their password to email
> box-admins at lists.squeakfoundation.org with a password reset request
> making sure to include their SqP account name in the email.

Terrific that sounds good.

It would be nice if we could announce the election tomorrow.  It would be
good to wait for Göran to read the emails approve and announce all this.

Thanks Ken for all your work and for participating!

Ron