[ANN] Magma 1.4

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Sun Dec 30 23:14:58 UTC 2012

Hey!

On 12/30/2012 11:57 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
> I have not tried it but, almost certainly there would be..  :(
>
> While I certainly would like for Magma to continue on Pharo, the
> energy needed to maintain it cross-platform exceeds the level of
> interest for that happen in the Pharo community.  Certainly, if there
> is, I will assist, but Pharo seems be focused on newer solutions for
> persistence and my own focus is on Squeak apps these days.

Just note - if by "newer solutions for persistence" you are somehow
perhaps referring to my blog post on Oak - I am not at all
representative of the "Pharo community". I have no clue what "they" are
focused on. My reasons for pursuing Oak instead of say Magma, is based
on my own personal interests in NoSQL etc, and has nothing to do with Pharo.

The reason for me using Pharo instead of Squeak is actually simply based
on the fact that those libraries I need for the work I am doing - runs
in Pharo.

I wish Magma all the best since I love OODBs and your work on Magma is
immense. Btw, do we have some kind of generic "benchmark" code that we
could play around with?

I think Magma would benefit strongly from showing the community what it
is capable of! :)

regards, Göran